Tuesday, December 06, 2016

A Winning Streak Ahead?

Liverpool game
What a shame
Predictable stuff by the end
Yet a message it did send
That Leeds are fighting back
Courage they didn't lack
On to an evening home match
Certainly needed hot chocolate down the hatch
Never mind the streaker's bum note
(Ok I'll get my coat)
Or the frustrating frantic tactics
First half at times far from a classic
Yet Villa for all their speedy endeavour
Couldn't get it together
Viera bustled
Ayling hustled
Second half Monk had clearly had a word
More urgency in the final third
'Roofe' was raised
Well played
Things felt good
And so they should
Convincing win
Are we on to something?
A long way to go
But glad to see the manager running the show
We've picked up points playing rough
Dusted ourselves down when the going got tough
I like this side
I'm enjoying the ride
Cynical me still taps a shoulder
Happy joyous festive me is bolder
I smell promotion in the air
I don't care
If that's hasty
Right now the table looks tasty....

No comments: